- Baguley (pronounced 'Bag-ley') was a township in the ancient parishes
of Baguley and Northenden, Bucklow hundred (SJ 8188), which became a civil parish
- The civil parish was abolished in 1931 to become part of
- It included the hamlets of Newall Green, Roundthorn, and Wythenshawe (part).
- The population was 423 in 1801, 570 in 1851, and 834 in 1901.
Churches and Chapels
- Bowdon: St. Mary (Church of England).
The ancient parish church for the greater part (1663 acres, pop. 600 in 1871)
of the township of Baguley.
- Northenden: St. Wilfrid (Church
of England). The ancient parish church for the smaller part (143 acres, pop.
34 in 1871) of the township of Baguley.
- Timperley: Christ Church
(Church of England). The district church for part of Baguley from 1852.
- Ringway: St. Mary & All Saints (Church
of England). The district church for part of Baguley from 1863. Closed in
- Baguley: St. John the Divine (Church
of England), Brooklands Road. The district church for most of the township
of Baguley from 1868.
- Baguley: Church of the Sacred
Heart (Roman Catholic). Opened in 1967.
- Baguley, Baptist Chapel. Founded before 1878. Now closed.
- Baguley, Methodist Chapel (Wesleyan).
- Baguley, United Reformed Church (Independent/Congregational). Built
Local Government Districts
- Altrincham Rural Sanitary District (1875-94)
- Altrincham Rural District (1894-95)
- Bucklow Rural District (1895-1931)
- Manchester County Borough (1931-74)
- Manchester Metropolitan Borough (1974+)
- North Cheshire (1832-67)
- Mid Cheshire (1868-85)
- Altrincham (1885-1945)
- Bucklow (1945-48)
- Wythenshawe (1948-74)
Petty Sessional Divisions
Poor Law Unions
© Copyright and Database Right 1996-2012