Gloucester Street/St. Anne Street.
Built in 1838 as a chapel to Chester: St. Oswald. In 1843 it became the district church for the township of Newton by Chester, part of the township of Hoole, and part of the City of Chester (previously served by Chester: St. Oswald, Chester: St. John the Baptist and Plemstall: St. Peter).
The district was affected by the following boundary changes:
In 1973 the district was amalgamated with Chester: St. John the Baptist, Chester: St. Oswald, Chester: St. Bridget, Chester: St. Martin, Chester: St. Peter, Chester: St. Michael and Chester: St. Olave to create a unified district for the city of Chester.
C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts
|Original Registers||C 1838–1955 ; M 1871–1972 ; B 1839–1854 — Cheshire Record Office (P 17)
C from 1955 ; M from 1972 — Church
|Microfilm Copies||C 1838–1942 ; M 1871–1949 ; B 1839–1854 — Cheshire Record Office|
|Bishop's Transcripts||1855, 1857–76 (microfilmed) — Cheshire Record Office ; Family History Society of Cheshire|
|Copies and Indexes||M 1871–1958 — Cheshire BMD (CE:CE11)|
|Monumental Inscriptions||Transcript by T. S. Alexander-Macquiban, 1970 — Cheshire Record Office|
|Explanatory Notes||Index of Churches|
© Copyright and Database Right 1996-2012