Built in 1884 as the district church for Partington (previously in the chapelry of Carrington: St. George and the parish of Bowdon: St. Mary). The boundaries of "The District Chapel of Saint Mary, Partington" were described in the London Gazette on 10 March 1885:
"All that part of the parish of Bowdon in the county of Chester and in the diocese of Chester which forms part of the chapelry or conventional cure of Saint George Carrington, and which is co-extensive with the limits of the township of Partington."
C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts
|Original Registers||C from 1884 ; M from 1885 ; B from 1890 — Church|
|Bishop's Transcripts||1891–1910 (microfilmed) — Cheshire Record Office|
|Monumental Inscriptions||Published by the Family History Society of Cheshire (edited by G. Normansell), 1998 (partial)|
|Explanatory Notes||Index of Churches|
© Copyright and Database Right 1996-2012