Also known as: Castle Hall.
Founded in 1846 as the district church for part of the township of Dukinfield township (previously served by Dukinfield: St. John the Evangelist). The boundaries of "The District of Castle Hall" were described in the London Gazette on 13 February 1846:
"All that part of the district of Dukinfield, in the parish of Stockport, in the county and diocese of Chester, situate on the eastern side of an imaginary line, commencing at a point (marked a on the map or plan herewith) on the northern boundary of the aaid district of Dukinfield, and at the southern end of the bridge over the river Tame, near Castle-street, and thence extending first southward along the middle of such street, and then eastward, along the middle of the same street, to a point (marked b as aforesaid) opposite to the middle of Canal-street, and thence southward, in a straight direction, along the middle of such last-mentioned street, as far as the boundary of the said district of Dukinfield."
The district was affected by the following boundary changes:
C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts
|Original Registers||C 1852–1925 ; M 1852–1933 ; B 1853–1879 — Cheshire Record Office (P 217)
C from 1925 ; M from 1933 — Church
|Microfilm Copies||C 1852–1925 ; M 1852–1933 ; B 1853–1879 — Cheshire Record Office ; Tameside Local Studies|
|Bishop's Transcripts||1892–1893 (microfilmed) — Cheshire Record Office|
|Copies and Indexes||M 1852–2009 — Cheshire BMD (TA:CE19)|
|Explanatory Notes||Index of Churches|
© Copyright and Database Right 1996-2012