- Davenport was a township in Astbury ancient parish, Northwich hundred
(SJ 8065), which became a civil parish in 1866.
- In 1936 the civil parish was abolished to become part of Brereton.
- The population was 89 in 1801, 111 in 1851, and 80 in 1901.
For the period after 1936, see Brereton.
- 1936 April 1 — Abolished and incorporated into Brereton
(770 acres, pop. 81 in 1931)
Churches and Chapels
- Astbury: St. Mary (Church of England). The ancient parish
church for the township of Davenport.
- Swettenham: St. Peter (Church of England). The
district church for Davenport from 1880.
- Davenport, Methodist Chapel (Wesleyan). Built in 1834.
Local Government Districts
- Congleton Rural Sanitary District (1875-94)
- Congleton Rural District (1894-1936)
- South Cheshire (1832-67)
- Mid Cheshire (1868-85)
- Knutsford (1885-1936)
Petty Sessional Divisions
- Northwich (1828-1907)
- Congleton (County) (1907-36)
Poor Law Unions
© Copyright and Database Right 1996-2014