- Hooton was a township in Eastham ancient parish, Wirral hundred (SJ
3578), which became a civil parish in 1866.
- The civil parish was abolished in 1950 to become part of
- It included the hamlet of Rivacre.
- The population was 91 in 1801, 110 in 1851, and 200 in 1901.
For the period after 1950, see
- 1933 April 1 — Lost parts to Childer
Thornton (93 acres, pop. 142 in 1931) and Eastham (638 acres,
pop. 104 in 1931)
- 1950 April 1 — Abolished and incorporated into
Ellesmere Port (462 acres, pop. 0 in 1931)
Churches and Chapels
- Eastham: St. Mary (Church of England). The ancient parish
church for the township of Hooton.
- Hooton: St. Paul (Church of England). The
for Hooton from 1862.
- Hooton: St. Mary (Roman Catholic).
Founded in the 18th century at Hooton Hall.
Local Government Districts
- Wirral Rural Sanitary District (1875-94)
- Wirral Rural District (1894-1933)
- Ellesmere Port Urban District (1933-50)
- South Cheshire (1832-67)
- West Cheshire (1868-85)
- Wirral (1885-1950)
Petty Sessional Divisions
- Wirral (1828-1933)
- Chester Castle (1933-1950)
Poor Law Unions
- Wirral (1837-1937)
- West Cheshire (1937-50)
© Copyright and Database Right 1996-2012