For the period after 1936, see Winsford and Bostock.
- 1936 April 1 — Abolished and divided between Bostock
(16 acres, pop. 20 in 1931) and Winsford (1236
acres, pop. 3672 in 1931)
Churches and Chapels
- Davenham: St. Wilfrid (Church of England). The ancient
parish church for the township of Wharton.
- Wharton: Christ Church (Church of England).
Founded in 1843 as a chapel to Davenham: St. Wilfrid, becoming the district
church for Wharton in 1860.
- Wharton, Methodist Chapel (Wesleyan). Built in 1822 on Chapel Road,
rebuilt in 1885 on Winsford Hill, closed in 1972. Registers 1838-1972 are at the
Cheshire Record Office.
- Wharton, Trinity Methodist Chapel (Primitive). Built in 1835 on Crook
Lane, rebuilt in 1865 on Gravel Lane and 1893 on Station Road. Registers 1901-1919
are at the Cheshire Record Office.
- Wharton, Methodist Chapel (Free). Built in 1860 on Station Road, rebuilt
in 1926 on Crook Lane, closed in 1972. Registers 1904-1972 are at the Cheshire
- Wharton Cemetery, Crook Lane. Opened 1900.
Local Government Districts
- Winsford Urban Sanitary District (1875-94)
- Winsford Urban District (1894-1936)
- South Cheshire (1832-67)
- Mid Cheshire (1868-85)
Petty Sessional Divisions
- Northwich (1828-1902)
- Eddisbury (1902-06)
- Winsford (1906-36)
Poor Law Unions
© Copyright and Database Right 1996-2012