- Wheelock was a township in Sandbach ancient parish, Northwich hundred
(SJ 7559), which became a civil parish in 1866.
- The civil parish was abolished in 1936 to become parts of Sandbach
- It included the hamlet of Wheelock Heath.
- The population was 189 in 1801, 548 in 1851, and 685 in 1901.
For the period after 1936, see Sandbach and Haslington.
- 1936 April 1 — Abolished and divided between Haslington
(128 acres, pop. 262 in 1931) and Sandbach (562
acres, pop. 494 in 1931)
Churches and Chapels
- Sandbach: St. Mary (Church of England). The ancient parish
church for the township of Wheelock.
- Wheelock: Christ Church (Church of England). The
district church for part of Wheelock from 1843.
- Wheelock, Baptist
Chapel. Wheelock Heath.
- Wheelock, Methodist Chapel (Primitive). Built in 1868.
Chapel (Wesleyan). ReBuilt in 1874.
- Wheelock, Congregational Church. Founded in 1824.
Local Government Districts
- Congleton Rural Sanitary District (1875-94)
- Congleton Rural District (1894-1936)
- South Cheshire (1832-67)
- Mid Cheshire (1868-85)
- Crewe (1885-1936)
Petty Sessional Divisions
- Northwich (1828-1907)
- Sandbach (1907-36)
Poor Law Unions
© Copyright and Database Right 1996-2012