- Whitby was a township in the ancient parishes of Eastham and Stoak, Wirral hundred
(SJ 3974), which became a civil parish in 1866.
- The civil parish was abolished in 1911 to become part of
- It included the hamlets of Ellesmere Port and Whitbyheath.
- The population was 89 in 1801, 72 in 1851, and 91 in 1901.
For the period after 1911, see
- 1911 April 1 — Abolished and incorporated into Ellesmere
Port (pop. 10145 in 1911)
Churches and Chapels
Local Government Districts
Wirral Rural Sanitary District (1875-94)
Wirral Rural District (1894-1910)
Ellesmere Port & Whitby Urban District (1910-11)
South Cheshire (1832-67)
West Cheshire (1868-85)
Petty Sessional Divisions
Poor Law Unions
© Copyright and Database Right 1996-2012