- Woodchurch was a township in Woodchurch ancient parish, Wirral hundred
(SJ 2787), which became a civil parish in 1866.
- The civil parish was abolished in 1933 to become part of Birkenhead.
- The population was 52 in 1801, 96 in 1851, and 140 in 1901.
For the period after 1933, see Birkenhead.
- 1933 April 1 — Abolished and incorporated into Birkenhead
(339 acres, pop. 113 in 1931)
Churches and Chapels
Woodchurch: Holy Cross (Church of England). The ancient
parish church for the township of Woodchurch.
- Woodchurch, St. Michael & All Angels (Roman Catholic). Founded in 1952.
- Woodchurch, Methodist Chapel. Founded in 1957, Built in 1963.
Local Government Districts
- Wirral Rural Sanitary District (1875-94)
- Wirral Rural District (1894-1933)
- South Cheshire (1832-67)
- West Cheshire (1868-85)
- Wirral (1885-1933)
Petty Sessional Divisions
Poor Law Unions
© Copyright and Database Right 1996-2014