GENUKI Home Page
GENUKI Contents GENUKI Contents List of Districts List of Districts

COVENTRY REGISTRATION DISTRICT

Table 1A: List of Places in Coventry Registration District (1837-1974)

Civil Parish

County

From

To

Comments

Coventry

Warwickshire

1900

1974

Created 26.3.1900 from the parishes of Holy Trinity Within and St. Michael Within. Abolished 1.4.1974 to become an unparished area. See also Table 2, notes (c) to (t).

Holy Trinity

Warwickshire

1837

1894

Abolished 1894 to become the separate parishes of Holy Trinity Within and Holy Trinity Without.

Holy Trinity Within

Warwickshire

1894

1900

Created 1894 from the part of the parish of Holy Trinity in Coventry County Borough. Abolished 26.3.1900 to become part of the parish of Coventry. See also Table 2, note (b).

Holy Trinity Without

Warwickshire

1894

1928

Created 1894 from the rural part of the parish of Holy Trinity. Abolished 1.4.1928 to become part of the parish of Coventry.

St. Michael

Warwickshire

1837

1894

Abolished 1894 to become the separate parishes of St. Michael Within and St. Michael Without. See also Table 2, note (a).

St. Michael Within

Warwickshire

1894

1900

Created 1894 from the part of the parish of St. Michael in Coventry County Borough. Abolished 26.3.1900 to become part of the parish of Coventry.

St. Michael Without

Warwickshire

1894

1928

Created 1894 from the rural part of the parish of St. Michael. Abolished 1.4.1928 to become part of the parish of Coventry.

Table 1B: List of Places in Coventry Registration District (from 1974)

All the areas in Coventry registration district became part of the county of West Midlands on 1.4.1974.

Civil Parish (or Unparished Area)

County

From

To

Comments

Allesley

West Midlands

1974

See Table 2, note (u).

Coventry

West Midlands

1974

Unparished area which until 1.4.1974 formed the parish and county borough of Coventry.

Keresley

West Midlands

1974

See Table 2, note (u).

Table 2: Boundary Changes affecting Coventry Registration District

Date of Change

Note

Description of Change

Population transferred

24.3.1884

(a)

Lost a detached part of the parish of St. Michael (which became part of the parish of Wyken on 24.3.1884) to Foleshill registration district.

12 in 1891

1.12.1899

(b)

Gained parts of the parish of Holy Trinity Within (which until 9.11.1898 formed parts of the parishes of Foleshill and Stoke) from Foleshill registration district.

5779 in 1891

1.4.1928

(c)

Gained parts of the parish of Coventry (which until 1.4.1928 formed the parishes of Stoke and Stoke Heath, and parts of the parishes of Foleshill and Walsgrave) from Foleshill registration district.

13036 in 1921

(d)

Gained parts of the parish of Coventry (which until 1.4.1928 formed parts of the parishes of Allesley, Berkswell, and Coundon) from Meriden registration district.

641 in 1921

(e)

Gained parts of the parish of Coventry (which until 1.4.1928 formed parts of the parishes of Stivichall and Stoneleigh) from Warwick registration district.

1176 in 1921

1.4.1932

(f)

Gained parts of the parish of Coventry (which until 1.4.1932 formed parts of the parishes of Binley, Exhall, Foleshill, Keresley, Walsgrave on Sowe, Willenhall, and Wyken) from Foleshill registration district.

10275 in 1931

(g)

Gained parts of the parish of Coventry (which until 1.4.1932 formed parts of the parishes of Allesley and Coundon) from Meriden registration district.

633 in 1931

(h)

Gained parts of the parish of Coventry (which until 1.4.1932 formed parts of the parishes of Baginton, Stivichall, and Stoneleigh) from Warwick registration district.

135 in 1931

1.4.1956

(i)

Lost part of the parish of Coventry (which became part of the parish of Allesley on 1.4.1956) to Meriden registration district.

(j)

Gained part of the parish of Coventry (which until 1.4.1956 formed part of the parish of Allesley) from Meriden registration district.

(k)

Lost part of the parish of Coventry (which became part of the parish of Binley on 1.4.1956) to Rugby registration district.

(l)

Gained part of the parish of Coventry (which until 1.4.1956 formed part of the parish of Binley) from Rugby registration district.

(m)

Lost parts of the parish of Coventry (which became parts of the parishes of Baginton and Stoneleigh on 1.4.1956) to Warwick & Leamington registration district.

(n)

Gained parts of the parish of Coventry (which until 1.4.1956 formed parts of the parishes of Baginton and Stoneleigh) from Warwick & Leamington registration district.

1.4.1965

(o)

Gained parts of the parish of Coventry (which until 1.4.1965 formed parts of the parishes of Allesley, Berkswell, and Keresley) from Meriden registration district.

(p)

Gained part of the parish of Coventry (which until 1.4.1956 formed part of the parish of Bedworth) from Nuneaton registration district.

(q)

Lost parts of the parish of Coventry (which became parts of the parishes of Ansty, Binley Woods, Brandon & Bretford, and Shilton on 1.4.1965) to Rugby registration district.

(r)

Gained parts of the parish of Coventry (which until 1.4.1965 formed parts of the parishes of Binley, Ryton on Dunsmore, and Shilton) from Rugby registration district.

(s)

Lost parts of the parish of Coventry (which became parts of the parishes of Baginton and Stoneleigh on 1.4.1965) to Warwick & Leamington registration district.

(t)

Gained parts of the parish of Coventry (which until 1.4.1965 formed parts of the parishes of Baginton and Stoneleigh) from Warwick & Leamington registration district.

1.4.1974

(u)

Gained the parishes of Allesley and Keresley (which were transferred from Warwickshire to the county of West Midlands on 1.4.1974) from Meriden registration district.

1508 in 1971


© Copyright and Database Right 1996-2014

The information on this page may not be reproduced without the consent of the copyright holder.

Hosted by UKBMD - Births, Marriages, Deaths & Censuses on the Internet