UK BMD Home Page
List of Districts List of Districts

HEXHAM REGISTRATION DISTRICT

Table 1: List of Places in Hexham Registration District

Civil Parish

County

From

To

Comments

Acomb

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Allendale

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Anick

Northumberland

1837

1887

Abolished 24.3.1887 to become part of the parish of Sandhoe.

Anick Grange

Northumberland

1837

1887

Abolished 24.3.1887 to become part of the parish of Sandhoe.

Apperley

Northumberland

1837

1887

Abolished 24.3.1887 to become parts of the parishes of Broomley and Mickley.

Aydon

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Aydon Castle

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Bearl

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Bingfield

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Black Carts & Ryehill

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Broomhaugh

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Broomley

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Bywell

Northumberland

1887

1936

Created 24.3.1887 out of the parishes of East Acomb, Bywell St. Andrew, and Bywell St. Peter. See also Table 2, note (d).

Bywell St. Andrew

Northumberland

1837

1887

Abolished 24.3.1887 to become parts of the parishes of Bywell, Bearl, and Newton Hall.

Bywell St. Peter

Northumberland

1837

1887

Abolished 24.3.1887 to become parts of the parishes of Bywell, Newton, and Newton Hall.

Chollerton

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, notes (b) and (d).

Clarewood

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Cocklaw

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Corbridge

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Dilston

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Dukeshagg

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

East Acomb

Northumberland

1837

1887

Abolished 24.3.1887 to become part of the parish of Bywell.

Eltringham

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Espershields

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Fallowfield

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Great Whittington

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Hallington

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Halton

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Halton Shields

Northumberland

1837

1887

Abolished 24.3.1887 to become part of the parish of Clarewood.

Haughton

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Haydon

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Healey

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Hedley

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Hedley Woodside

Northumberland

1837

1887

Abolished 24.3.1887 to become parts of the parishes of Medomsley and Hedley. See also Table 2, note (c).

Hexham

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Hexhamshire High Quarter

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Hexhamshire Low Quarter

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Hexhamshire Middle Quarter

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Hexhamshire West Quarter

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

High Fotherley

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Horsley

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Humshaugh

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Little Whittington

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Masters Close

Northumberland

1837

1887

Abolished 24.3.1887 to become part of the parish of Prudhoe Castle.

Mickley

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Nafferton

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Newbiggin

Northumberland

1837

1887

Abolished 24.3.1887 to become part of the parish of Blanchard.

Newbrough

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Newlands

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Newton

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Newton Hall

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Ovingham

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, notes (a) and (d).

Ovington

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Portgate

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Prudhoe

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Prudhoe Castle

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Riding

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Sandhoe

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Shotley High Quarter

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Shotley Low Quarter

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Simonburn

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Slaley

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Spital

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Stelling

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Stocksfield Hall

Northumberland

1837

1887

Abolished 24.3.1887 to become parts of the parishes of Broomley and Mickley.

Styford

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Thornbrough

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Wall

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Warden

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Welton

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

West Allen

Northumberland

1897

1936

Created 1.4.1897 out of the parish of Allendale. See also Table 2, note (d).

Whittle

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Whittonstall

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Wylam

Northumberland

1837

1936

See Table 2, note (d).

Table 2: Boundary Changes affecting Hexham Registration District

Date of Change

Note

Description of Change

Population transferred

24.3.1883

(a)

Lost a detached part of the parish of Ovington, including Wall House (which became part of the parish of East Matfen on 24.3.1883) to Castle Ward registration district.

4 in 1891

24.3.1887

(b)

Lost a detached part of the parish of Chollerton, including Gold Island (which became part of the parish of Birtley on 24.3.1887) to Bellingham registration district.

18 in 1891

(c)

Lost part of the parish of Hedley Woodside, including Derwentside Cottages (which became part of the parish of Medomsley on 24.3.1887) to Lanchester registration district.

412 in 1891

1.1.1937 (abolished)

(d)

Lost the parishes of Acomb, Allendale, Aydon, Aydon Castle, Bearl, Bingfield, Black Carts & Ryehill, Broomhaugh, Broomley, Bywell, Chollerton, Clarewood, Cocklaw, Corbridge, Dilston, Dukershagg, Eltringham, Espershields, Fallowfield, Great Whittington, Hallington, Halton, Haughton, Haydon, Healey, Hedley, Hexham, Hexhamshire High Quarter, Hexhamshire Low Quarter, Hexhamshire Middle Quarter, Hexhamshire West Quarter, High Fotherley, Horsley, Humshaugh, Little Whittington, Mickley, Nafferton, Newbrough, Newlands, Newton, Newton Hall, Ovingham, Ovington, Portgate, Prudhoe, Prudhoe Castle, Riding, Sandhoe, Shotley High Quarter, Shotley Low Quarter, Simonburn, Slaley, Spital, Stelling, Styford, Thornbrough, Wall, Warden, Welton, West Allen, Whittle, Whittonstall, and Wylam, to Northumberland West registration district.

39453 in 1931


© Copyright and Database Right 1996-2017

The information on this page may not be reproduced without the consent of the copyright holder.

Hosted by UKBMD - Births, Marriages, Deaths & Censuses on the Internet