UK BMD Home Page
List of Districts List of Districts

WHEATENHURST REGISTRATION DISTRICT

Table 1: List of Places in Wheatenhurst Registration District

Civil Parish

County

From

To

Comments

Arlingham

Gloucestershire

1837

1937

See Table 2, note (r).

Brookthorpe

Gloucestershire

1837

1937

See Table 2, notes (g), (i), (j), (k) and (r).

Eastington

Gloucestershire

1837

1937

See Table 2, notes (b) and (r).

Frampton on Severn

Gloucestershire

1837

1937

See Table 2, note (r).

Fretherne

Gloucestershire

1837

1884

Abolished 24.3.1884 to become part of the parish of Fretherne with Saul.

Fretherne with Saul

Gloucestershire

1884

1937

Created 24.3.1884 out of the parishes of Fretherne, Saul, and Eastington. See also Table 2, note (r).

Frocester

Gloucestershire

1837

1937

See Table 2, note (r).

Hardwicke

Gloucestershire

1837

1937

See Table 2, notes (a), (f), (r) and (s).

Harescombe

Gloucestershire

1837

1937

See Table 2, notes (l) and (r).

Haresfield

Gloucestershire

1837

1937

See Table 2, notes (m) and (n).

Longney

Gloucestershire

1837

1937

See Table 2, note (r).

Moreton Valence

Gloucestershire

1837

1937

See Table 2, notes (p) and (r).

Saul

Gloucestershire

1837

1884

Abolished 24.3.1884 to become parts of the parishes of Fretherne with Saul, Moreton Valance, and Standish.

Standish

Gloucestershire

1837

1937

See Table 2, notes (c), (d), (e), (h), (o), (q) and (r).

Wheatenhurst

Gloucestershire

1837

1937

See Table 2, note (r).

Table 2: Boundary Changes affecting Wheatenhurst Registration District

Date of Change

Note

Description of Change

Population transferred

24.3.1883

(a)

Gained part of the parish of Hardwicke (which until 24.3.1883 formed a detached part of the parish of Elmore) from Gloucester registration district.

0 in 1891

(b)

Lost two detached parts of the parish of Eastington (which became part of the parish of Stonehouse on 24.3.1883) to Stroud registration district.

0 in 1891

(c)

Lost two detached parts of the parish of Standish, comprising land at Oxlinch and Rody (which became part of the parish of Randwick on 24.3.1883) to Stroud registration district.

0 in 1891

(d)

Lost four detached parts of the parish of Standish (which became part of the parish of Stroud on 24.3.1883) to Stroud registration district.

0 in 1891

(e)

Gained part of the parish of Standish (which until 24.3.1883 formed seven detached parts of the parish of Randwick, including land at Oxlinch and Stoneyfield) from Stroud registration district.

0 in 1891

24.3.1884

(f)

Lost a detached part of the parish of Hardwicke, including Farleighs End (which became part of the parish of Elmore on 24.3.1884) to Gloucester registration district.

66 in 1891

(g)

Lost a detached part of the parish of Brookthorpe, comprising Wragg Castle Lane, Catbrain, etc. (which became part of the parish of Pitchcombe on 24.3.1884) to Stroud registration district.

22 in 1891

(h)

Lost a detached part of the parish of Standish, comprising Pitchcombe Mill, Manor Farm and cottages, etc. (which became part of the parish of Pitchcombe on 24.3.1884) to Stroud registration district.

51 in 1891

25.3.1885

(i)

Lost four detached parts of the parish of Brookthorpe (which became part of the parish of Quedgeley on 25.3.1885) to Gloucester registration district.

0 in 1891

(j)

Lost another detached part of the parish of Brookthorpe (which became part of the parish of Whaddon on 25.3.1885) to Gloucester registration district.

0 in 1891

(k)

Gained part of the parish of Brookthorpe (which until 25.3.1885 formed a detached part of the parish of Whaddon, including Gilberts,etc.) from Gloucester registration district.

35 in 1891

(l)

Lost three detached parts of the parish of Harescombe (which became parts of the parishes of Hempstead, Quedgeley, and Upton St. Leonards on 25.3.1885) to Gloucester registration district.

0 in 1891

(m)

Lost a detached part of the parish of Haresfield (which became part of the parish of Quedgeley on 25.3.1885) to Gloucester registration district.

0 in 1891

(n)

Gained part of the parish of Haresfield (which until 25.3.1885 formed a detached part of the parish of Randwick, including Haresfield Hill) from Stroud registration district.

0 in 1891

(o)

Gained part of the parish of Standish (which until 25.3.1885 formed a detached part of the parish of Randwick, including Oxlinch) from Stroud registration district.

89 in 1891

25.3.1886

(p)

Gained part of the parish of Moreton Valence (which until 25.3.1886 formed a detached part of the parish of Randwick) from Stroud registration district.

0 in 1891

1.2.1895

(q)

Lost part of the parish of Standish (which became part of the parish of Randwick on 26.3.1894) to Stroud registration district.

0 in 1891

1.4.1937 (abolished)

(r)

Lost the parishes of Arlingham, Brookthorpe, Eastington, Frampton on Severn, Fretherne with Saul, Frocester, Hardwicke, Harescombe, Haresfield, Longney, Moreton Valence, Standish, and Wheatenhurst, to Gloucester Rural registration district.

6326 in 1931

(s)

Lost part of the parish of Hardwicke (which becmae part of the parish of Quedgeley on 1.4.1935) to Gloucester Rural registration district.

47 in 1931


© Copyright and Database Right 1996-2017

The information on this page may not be reproduced without the consent of the copyright holder.

Hosted by UKBMD - Births, Marriages, Deaths & Censuses on the Internet